Happy Canada Day!
The first priority on Friday was to stop at a bike shop and replace my tube. We went to Olympia Cycle and Ski. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Tim changed my tube for free.
We went for lunch with Lynn at Boogies Diner and Sports Lounge, which has delicious home-cooked meals. Winnipeg is a city filled with good restaurants so I’m fairly sure I’ll add an extra five pounds while here. I’ll definitely regret this extra weight when we leave.
We spent a few hours at Polo Park shopping for supplies and some casual clothes. It’s not fun to hang out in bike gear all the time.
For the rest of the weekend we did the following:
* Spent a day at the Forks. Had a good tarot reading done!
* Toured Assiniboine Park with my former roommate, Graeme.
* Toured the Legislative building with Lynn.
* Saw the Golden Boy.
* Drank a Guinness at the Toad.
* Ate at the best Mexican restaurant: Carlos & Murphy’s.
* Savoured pecan caramel cheesecake at Baked Expectations.
* Cooled down with some gelato on Corydon.
The one spot I missed out on was good coffee from Bar Italia. It’s more “bar” than coffee now. And I may miss out on some ice cream at BDI (Bridge Drive-In) because I’m running out of time!
Tonight we celebrate Canada Day in the best city in Canada!
Tomorrow will be the first time I see my book in an actual bookstore! So excited to see Supporting Parents with Alzheimer’s being promoted within a bookstore and one I used to love going to when I lived here!